Our client’s ad sales team struggled to get timely insights on content viewership and ad impressions resulting in uninformed decisions related to targeting, platform selection & difficulties in optimizing commercials. This also led to repetitive advertisements, irrelevant ad placements & revenues leakages, impacting ROI for its advertising partners.
Our client had an expensive, on premise sales data platform that monitored and analysed its multi-billion-dollar online sales and advertising. The platform had limited parallel processing capabilities and was unable to handle high data volumes. With a data volume of 700TB growing 2x year-over-year, the business team faced delays in data delivery and job failures which impacted decision making.
Almost 60% of SLAs were missed in a month due to as much as 50% of jobs failing daily. Data volumes were further expected to grow exponentially with a major sporting event approaching soon. The non-elastic nature of on-premise topology combined with the impending end of the data center lease required the client to move towards a modern, scalable and cost-effective solution.
Expensive data platform
Lack of scalability
Infocepts advisory team evaluated the potential architecture approaches, topology options (single cloud, hybrid cloud), platform choices (AWS and Azure) and migration strategies (lift & shift, re-architecting as cloud native, re-platforming) to recommend the best fit architecture and roadmap. Together a decision was made decision to move to AWS with a balance between lift and shift and re-architecting to meet the stringent timelines with minimum disruption.
Over the next 8 months, Infocepts team helped the media giant migrate 5 data products, 250+ data pipelines and more than a petabyte of data sourced from 40+ data sources. At the end of migration, further improvements were done to optimize our customer’s monthly cloud spend by more than 40% (from $140k to $80k per month). Leveraging our Cloud cost Monitor solution accelerator, we created a spend monitoring dashboard which unified spend related data across cloud and PaaS services to provide actionable insights for monitoring and optimizing spend.
- The solution saves millions of dollars each year from lost advertising revenue by providing advertisers and advertising partners with specific insights as to where, when, and how their ads were served
- Reduced the total cost of ownership (infrastructure, license, and manpower) from $24.2M to $16.9M over a 10-year window
- # of business incidents on account of delayed & incorrect data came down by 85% (from 500 to 70 incidents/year)
- Time to provision a new data source reduced by 2X (from 8+ weeks to 4 weeks)
- 25% faster data delivery due to enhanced performance enabling faster business decisions
- The spend monitoring dashboard provided real-time visibility into spend by project which enabled our client to make charge back, resource optimization and budget decisions with ease.
Please fill the below details
Want to know more? Talk to us today.