InfoCepts leveraged its proven analytics migration and agile execution to maximize business value. We executed our BI Tool Consolidation program in the following three phases:
Assessment – Targeting the technology stack, we assessed the overall migration roadmap along with eight BI tools (Business Objects, Qlik, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Domo, Looker, Power BI, and SAS). Our team collaborated with system owners and stakeholders to understand essential requirements, capabilities, critical application needs, and challenges. End-user inputs and a short POC helped the team quickly validate specific integration needs– report performance, superior forecasting, and governed self-service.
Migration – InfoCepts next undertook report planning, prioritization, and migration. A five-member Kanban team backed by a 13-member agile resource pool executed this initiative in sprints of six weeks each.
This phase covered:
- Migration of ~1200 reports; 40% as-is and 60% requiring partial or full redesign
- Engagement with eight teams (business, security, data management, IT management)
- Redesign of 40 reports to comply with PII guidelines and integration with Protegrity data security
- Detailed validation using automated testing, peer review, and user functional testing
- Conducting eight train-the-trainer workshops
Optimization – InfoCepts built the platform monitoring dashboard and led the continuous rollout of new user capabilities–all while tuning report generation and sunsetting expendable apps or tools. Additionally, we helped foster business team collaboration and enabled governed self-service.