In the digital age, organizations are constantly reimagining their customer experience (CX) strategy to improve business outcomes by discovering what really matters to their customers and finding new ways to improve customer engagements. During the pandemic, most businesses have transitioned from physical to digital and have adopted the new normal. Customer behavior and expectations have changed further due to this accelerated digitization and the new reality is here to stay. This shift to an automated digitization approach and changing customer expectations has led organizations to smartly innovate, transform and personalize digital experiences by quantifying and analyzing the digital touchpoints during the end-to-end customer journey. As per Gartner1, about 48% of the companies felt a need to increase their investments in digital initiatives to provide an enhanced digital experience.
In this blog, we will understand the components of digital experience, and the key factors that help organizations improve digital experience for their internal and external customers.
Analytical Digital Experience – Paving the Way for Next Generation CX:
Customer experience driven by cutting-edge technology innovations and key actionable insights with analytics provides a superior multichannel user experience and higher user adoption for organizations. Here are the 3 major components of Digital Experiences that enable organizations to enhance their customer experience by effectively adopting and implementing digital technologies in their D&A platforms.
Digital Experience Components
- Data Storytelling for Accelerating Business Decisions Enable your stakeholders to take data driven decisions by combining the data from multiple customer touchpoints into measurable outcomes. Data storytelling helps businesses build stories using data, visual and narratives to provide actionable insights for business growth. The customized data storytelling approach can be implemented through various platforms such as self-service BI tools, analytical web, and mobile applications, etc.
- User Experience for Increasing User Adoption It is important to follow a user-centric design approach by empathizing with the user needs through user research and usability tests covering all major digital touchpoints. This helps to create personalized digital experiences and increases the value-to-user index. This highly personalized approach is beneficial in implementing the user-persuasion techniques leading to higher user adoption.
- Visual Design for Enhancing Brand Value With increased digital exposure, it is important to create unified brand-to-customer visual engagement across all touchpoints to support a similar language of communication. This can be achieved by improving aesthetic appeal through thoughtfully including visual elements for enhanced digital brand experience.
Realizing Business Value and ROI from Effective Digital Experiences
To increase the overall customer experience and improve customer satisfaction (CSAT), it is important to derive parameters which quantify digital experiences by measuring the user behavior and their interaction with various digital touchpoints, analyzing them, and extracting actionable insights to improve the user adoption. Numerous organizations are practicing and implementing various data-driven strategies which involves analyzing the impact of personalization, brand awareness, loyalty, channel flexibility, and improved sales/service conversations have on the overall business.
Our tailored approach helps businesses to quantify the experiences, analyze them and take decisions based on the reports ensuring higher user adoption of their D&A platforms. Based on our experience, we have identified the five factors that contribute to great digital experiences leading to higher adoption.
- Efficiency and Insights Accuracy With a plethora of data available to be displayed through a single platform, it becomes difficult and complex for the users to navigate through data and realize what is needed. Organizations need a framework to measure completeness and accuracy of insights delivered through the platform that enables a user to meet his/her business goals.
- Ease of Use It is common for the users to explore the platform on-the-go leading to an increased drop-off rate due to information inconsistency. It is important to bridge the gap between both initial orientation and deeper learning of the platform features. Simplifying user journey with navigation self-help features improves platform awareness, helping reduce training time and costs.
- Performance and Agility With evolving user needs, it is important to have an agile support team that continuously optimizes the performance, adds new metrics with speed and modernizes the platform with required upgrades and integrations to keep the application relevant. Effective response rates and perceived user value is still at the core of overall customer satisfaction.
- Memorability To ensure user retention and reducing the drop-off rate, it is important for organizations to build intuitive, easy, memorable, and interactive platforms. These interfaces need to be pleasant, interesting to use and should provide exceptional user experiences.
- Error-Free With modern technologies and increased user volatility, it has become a priority to reduce the number of errors and data inconsistencies across applications and platforms. Organizations need to how well the platform prevents errors and how it helps the user recover from any errors, thus leading to increased adoption.
Infocepts Digital Experience solutions use modern data-driven frameworks that enable organizations to quickly quantify and measure customer experience metrics for predicting and understanding customers. It helps improve the digital experiences across channels and uses actionable insights for transforming customer experience strategy.
Want to know more? Get in touch with our team to enhance your digital experiences.